Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tales from the snow...

We went to Sparks, NV to visit my Aunt Hester and Uncle Ron.  We stayed at their lovely home on the edge of town.  Vacationeers included Rich, myself, Lyssah, Jared, Emily, Kim, Rosa and my Dad, Gary. Upon arriving late Friday night, my Aunt announced that Rich was cooking breakfast.  In our house when we say Dad is cooking, it means we're eating out... this was not the case in Sparks!  She fully expected him to cook breakfast for al 10 people, something he had never done.  This breakfast was not to be refrigerator cinnamon rolls or anything so mundane.  She had bacon, eggs, hash browns, biscuits - all to be prepared by Rich!
And he really did it! He cooked a full blown all-American breakfast... I acted in a consultative role only, with the one exception of making gravy for the biscuits.  

2 comments:

Rick and Sheri said...

Wow! 10 people? I'm impressed Rich! And he looks like a natural with that towel thrown over his shoulder! How fun. I love big family gatherings.

Kristi said...

Go Rich!! You do what I do. Jan, it looks like you make him do that all the time. He does look like a natural. I'm a sucker for all the fam together.