Saturday, April 18, 2009

LIFEBRIDGE - Annual Ladies Tea 2009



Well, I wanted to share that I attended my first ever, Ladies High Tea.  I was not sure what it was all about, but I was told it entailed outrageous hats, food, and a Round Robin tea cup exchange... oh, and some prizes.  I was told that some ladies go all out and dress up in formal or semi formal attire and that the Round Robin usually boasts some heated competition.  Well, the stories didn't quite do the event justice.  Here are a few impressions.


Cherisse went all out! Her daughter actually researched make up application during the "flapper" era (circa 1920-1930) to ensure the utmost authenticity.  She had quite a chappeau as well, compete with pheasant feathers... and let us not forget the white gloves. But, I am not sure the tat is authentic for the era, but none the less her half-sleeve in the making is beautiful artistry and I'm sort glad she sported it for everyone to see.


The tables all had flowers clipped from the hostess's rose garden. 

Here are a couple of other crazy hats

My Sissy came to the tea... thanks Kimmie for coming and for letting me take your picture.
Having you there made the day more special. love you!

Ok, so the Round Robin was more than just a friendly competition... for instance, this tea cup was packed in the cutest little hat box... and it was stolen until it was out of play. it was not the only popular item and poor Robyn (seen below) had to give up her tea cup about 8 times!  These gals are serious about their Round Robin.. it was brutal!  LOL

Robyn was a really good sport as she gave up darling tea cup after darling tea cup.

Another beautiful hat... Tiffani was also wearing a stunning navy blue taffeta tea length dress with a twirlly skirt (that's what I used to call a full skirt that would spread out if you twirled around)
Florentina, had a hat.... not sure where it went but she seemed to be having a great time.

Ellen, Pastor Kevin's wife, welcomed everyone and prayed over the food... I think she should have prayed over the Round Robin.. just kidding!

Erin, our Youth Director, made quite a stir in her lime green and white halter.  She had to give up her tea cup quite a few times too!  Here she is with Katie.

Young or old, it seems everyone had a great time.  I even won the "Best Hat" for my monstrous creation.  It just goes to show what $5 at Dollar Tree can do for you!

2 comments:

Rick and Sheri said...

Jan looks so fun! I too love your hat creation! What a fun event. You MUST have had something to do with that one. Kimmie looks great! Tell her hello for me. Thanks for sharing all the pics.

Ashley said...

Omg looks like you guys had a blast with those big ol' hats. And I agree with mom it has Jan written all over it.