Sunday, November 1, 2009

Our Halloween Adventure

Kim, Lyssah, and I made a trek to Hobb's Grove to go through the Haunted Forest. It was - as promised - an event rife with enclosed, claustrophobia-inducing passageways, hideous creatures jumping out to scare passersby, and screams ... at staggered intervals, signaling the terror of yet another group making their way through the ghoulish corridors. But, I am happy to report we made it out, vowing never to reutrn.

However, less than a week later Kim, Rosa and ... you guessed it - me - made our way back down Sanger-way to Hobb's Grove yet again.

This time, our plan was to go on the Haunted Hayride, which we had heard was scary, but not on par with the frightful forest. It seemed to be a safer option.

Upon our arrival we were greeted by a 8 or 9 foot tall Rat! A gynormous Rat would be a among my worst nightmares... it had glowing red eyes, stood upright and had a southern accent! I think he was sweet on Rosa.

You know, except for the rat and some really bucsome guy in a strapless dress and behive hairdo, the placed looked innocent enough and the proprietors seem to run a tight ship!
So we got in line and ultimately climbed into a trailer filled with soft hay, pulled by a tractor. This is not a scary sight in the central valley, right?

Kim and I huddled together for support as the tractor pulled away from the lighted festival like atmosphere, into the dark unknown. It should come as no surprise that even though it was slightly less terrifying than the Haunted Forest the Haunted Hayride was filled with...



hideous creatures jumping out to scare passersby and screams... more screams. We sat at the back - not a wise choice - as almost all of the creatures came up behind the trailer, reaching out at - you guessed it - me, as I was sitting with my back against the back rail. Nevertheless... we had a great time.



I can't say I'm a fan of scary stuff... but the hayride would be something I would consider doing again... as for the forest... let's just say, me and the haunted forest have come to an understanding. I won't go in the forest again, and the forest will keep that 9 foot rat at Hobb's Grove!















































































1 comment:

Kristi said...

Jan..you are crazy!!! I would not be able to do that one. I hate scary stuff like that..fake or not..
Although it looks like you had a blast!!
Lv ya!