Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Update - 2 Shopping Days Until Christmas!

Ok, so I have most of my shopping done.  I credit this to the invention of the gift card.  This may not come as a surprise, but I am no longer qualified to purchase clothes for my children.  This decision came naturally for me when my son had to write down the store, size, color, make and model of a pair of pants for me.  I went to Hot Topic and presented the sales clerk with the paper and advised him, "I need a pair of these, can you please find it for me?"  It was over at that moment. Gone were the days that I could walk into a store and think, 'oh, Jared would like that', and be correct.  The funny part is that I just had a student in class at work, who managed a Hot Topic.  She said parents came in droves presenting their scraps of paper and looking like they had been transported into another universe.  Nevertheless, even if I am buying more gift cards than actual presents, I still LOVE CHRISTMAS!  Rich, Jared and Lyssah and I will enjoy family communion and candle light service on Christmas Eve at Lifebridge, then on to my Dad's.  I am excited that I will have pictures to post because we will be having a huge family get together because my Grandpa Shuey is 94... so everyone is converging on Kerman, CA for a Christmas Reunion of sorts.  Anyway... I am off to enjoy my last day of work until January 5th 2009.  Then I will enter the whirlwind of pre-christmas preparations - cooking, last minute shopping, decking the halls, etc.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

OMG Jan...I'm so excited you have a blog =)I am so with you on the whole blogging for dummies thing. LOL I don't have a blog because I know how long it takes me to just submit this comment let alone try to up load a picture!! Your pics are awsome by the way. I love reading what you write it makes me laugh because I so relate to the procrastination thing...oh well next year right?? Thats what I say every year =)Have a very Merry Christmas we love you and miss you!! Keep up the blogging You are doing great.

Rick and Sheri said...

Sounds like you have great plans for Christmas. Don't you just love this time of year with all the hustle and bustle? Sound like lots of fun. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Michael and Angela said...

Ya!! The Ferguson's have a blog! You're so funny Jan, I love your "Fergunomics" stuff. :-)