Saturday, December 13, 2008

12 Shopping Days Until Christmas....

It is a sad, sad state of affairs in which I annually find myself, having bought little or nothing for Christmas Presents by this point in the month of December.  True to form, I have purchased one gift so far, and one stocking stuffer and I have no concrete plans as to when the rest is to be accomplished.  I know it will all be accomplished, but I suspect it will not be accomplished until Christmas Eve, as it was last year and numerous years before.  Each year I vow to shop early and throughout the year so that by December 1st, the deed is completed - presents wrapped - ready to be beautifully placed under the Christmas Tree.  Perhaps next year... 

1 comment:

Rick and Sheri said...

Isn't that everyones story? Seems that happens year after year no matter how many times you say, "I'm starting earlier next year". But I have come to realize that that's part of what I love about the Christmas season...the hustle and bustle, with Christmas music playing in the stores and everyone running around. That's just part of it! So, I've cut myself some slack and said, you know what? It's really ok. It always gets done and Christmas wouldn't be the same without the craziness! Have fun. Love your stories by the way. You have such a way of sharing things!